Income Eligibility and Cost
NJ FamilyCare covers: children, pregnant women, parents/caretaker relatives, and single adults/childless couples.
- Children 18 and under are eligible with higher incomes up to 350% FPL* ($84,875 for a family of four).
Parents still need to renew the coverage each year.
- Parents/Caretaker Relatives with income up to 133% FPL* ($32,253 for a family of four) must have tax dependent children in their household in order
to be eligible under this category. Dependent children in the household must be insured also.
- Adults without dependent children among ages 19-64 with incomes up to 133% FPL* ($15,655 single/ $21,187 couple).
- Pregnant Women up to 200% FPL* ($31,860 family of two).
For information on programs for people over 65, blind or permanently disabled click here.
New Income and Household Size Calculations
Financial eligibility for individuals seeking eligibility for NJ FamilyCare will be based on their Modified Adjusted Gross Income or
MAGI. This means the income and household size will be determined by their latest federal tax return which when filed, can be electronically verified.
The tax-based household size provides a simplified income calculation.
* Regulations allows for a 5% income disregard which means people can be eligible at a slightly higher income.
Click here for Spanish version of of this table.
Click here for a printer friendly version